Proven Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Protect Clients’ Rights
Claremore firm represents individuals accused of felonies and misdemeanors
Located in Claremore, Price and Sears, P.C. is committed to protecting the fundamental rights of accused individuals. We recognize the reality that many people are overcharged and/or over-penalized in today’s criminal justice system. Accordingly, defense lawyers must work to the best of their ability or they become part of the problem. Our attorneys are highly effective advocates who have won successful results in plea bargain negotiations, motions to dismiss and trials before juries and judges. Even in cases involving potential life sentences on charges such as murder and child abuse, our firm has won acquittals that have made a positive difference in the lives of our clients.
Rogers County attorneys challenge allegations brought by authorities
In both felony and misdemeanor matters, we have represented thousands of criminal defendants with dignity, respect and the determination to achieve a favorable outcome. Throughout northeast Oklahoma, we frequently handle cases involving allegations of:
- Drug crimes — When someone is accused of a drug crime, such as possession or distribution, our firm presses to exclude illegally obtained evidence and looks to find alternatives to incarceration. including substance abuse treatment.
- Assault — Sometimes, an officer reporting to a potential assault does not grasp what actually precipitated the incident. If you were defending yourself or are the victim of mistaken identity, our firm will press for a dismissal, acquittal or reduced charge.
- Violent felonies — Felony prosecutions for homicide and other violent offenses demand a tough lawyer who has trial experience. In these serious cases, we have the ability and determination to deliver exceptional advocacy.
- Sex crimes — Frequently, sex crime cases hinge on differing accounts. Our experience and cross-examination skills help us to get at the truth.
- Drunk driving — Our background winning successful results in DUI defense cases helps accused motorists make informed choices and identify problems that taint the case against them.
- Property offenses — Depending on the amount involved, theft offenses can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies. Should you be victimized by overcharging or sloppy police work, we’re ready to battle on your behalf.
It does not necessarily take a seriously bad act or person to be classified as a “criminal.” The system favors police and prosecutors, so it is critical to retain a proven advocate who isn’t afraid to take on powerful authorities.
Steps to take after you’ve been arrested in Oklahoma
After an arrest, one mistake in the squad car or at the station could greatly affect your eventual court case. Each situation is unique, but if you’re taken into custody, you should:
- Ask to hire a qualified attorney
- Refrain from making statements
- Make arrangements to post bail, if necessary
- Remain calm, even if officers are trying to bait you into a reaction
Once an accused individual hires our firm, we act quickly to protect their rights, challenge questionable evidence and hold law enforcement personnel accountable for errors they’ve made.
Knowledgeable advisers assist with expungement of old records
Even after you’ve served your time, a criminal conviction might still haunt you when you’re looking for a job or trying to move into a new home. Fortunately, Oklahoma has revised its expungement law so that sealing one’s criminal history is now easier than before. Five years after the completion of their sentence, someone convicted of a nonviolent felony can seek an expungement that allows them to state that they have a clean record. We can examine the facts in your case to determine if you’re eligible for this type of relief and what particular standards apply.
Contact a determined Rogers County criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
Price and Sears, P.C. represents Oklahoma clients who are facing criminal charges. To discuss your legal options in a free consultation, please call 918-379-4676 or contact us online. Our office is in Claremore.