Jeffrey Alan Price, a.k.a., 'Jeff Price,' was born in Norman, OK in August of 1971. He graduated from Claremore (OK) High School in 1989. He graduated With Distinction with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication (Radio, Television & Film) from the University of Oklahoma in 1993. In 1996, after holding summer law clerk positions with an appellate judge in Oklahoma City, with the Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office, and with a notable personal injury lawyer from Texas, he earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma.
Mr. Price worked as an Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Appeals Section in the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office and held associate attorney positions in civil practice law firms in Oklahoma City and Tulsa until 1999, when he became an Assistant D.A. in Rogers County. In 2000, he started his own firm, which is now entitled, 'Price & Sears, P.C.'
Claremore (OK) High School, 1989. B.A. in Journalism, Mass Communication -- Radio, Television and Film, University of Oklahoma, 1993, top 5% GPA, award-winning investigative reporter; Juris Doctorate, 1996, University of Oklahoma, College of Law. Law school positions: OU Criminal Defense Clinic, internship for Justice James Garrett of the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals; internship for Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office; summer paid internship positions for David G. Hart (prominent personal injury attorney, Terrant County, TX) and Lawter & Pitts (personal injury firm, OKC). Following law school, admitted to all three federal district courts in Oklahoma, the Colorado U.S. District Court and the Oklahoma State Bar Association.
Post-graduate positions: Assistant Oklahoma Attorney General (criminal appeals division), Associate Attorney Wilson, Cain & Aquaviva (insurance defense, OKC), Mieir, Cole & O’Dell (civil and domestic litigation, Tulsa), Armstrong, Hensley & Lowe (plaintiff’s employment law and civil rights litigation), Founding Member of The Law Office of Jeffrey A. Price. Senior Partner, Price & Sears, P.C.
OIDS (Oklahoma Indigent Defense System) contractor from 2000 to 2010. Primary felony attorney for indigent defendants in Wagoner County during that time and for one year, spanning from 2000 to 2001, in Mayes County. These indigent defense positions allowed Mr. Price to thrive professionally, giving him assignments to do very serious felony jury trials, including murder cases. Highly successful jury trial results, detailed below.
Divorce & Family Law: Mr. Price has successfully and consistently handled divorce and other family law cases all along, since the inception of his own law firm, throughout Northeast Oklahoma and especially in Rogers County. Mr. Price is regarded as one of the premier family law practitioners in Northeast Oklahoma, relying
on careful analysis, strategy and preparation, and more than two decades of courtroom experience.
- Outright Jury acquittal in criminal trial based on contention by a child abuse pediatrician that child has symptoms caused by inflicted injury. Various experts testified for the defense that the child had medical conditions which explained symptoms.
- Jury Acquittal on two counts of First Degree Manslaughter based on allegation the defendant, whose vehicle collided with a tree, causing fatalities, was driving under the influence of alcohol
- Jury finding of “Not Guilty” in First Degree Murder charge, but “Guilty” of the lesser charge of First Degree Manslaughter; sentenced to the minimum punishment permitted by law – four years imprisonment
- Jury finding of “Not Guilty” in First Degree Murder charge, but “Guilty” of the lesser charge of Second Degree Murder; sentenced to the minimum punishment permitted by law – ten years imprisonment
- Outright jury acquittal in sex offenses case carrying up to 147 years in prison
- Dismissal of case carrying 20 years to life after 11 out of 12 jurors vote “Not Guilty”
- Favorable plea bargain after jury votes 7 to 5 “Not Guilty” in Second Degree Murder case
- No jail or prison time for mother found “Guilty” and recommended by a jury for the minimum sentence of one year imprisonment. Defendant claimed she was asleep when she touched her child sexually.
- Outright jury acquittal in Felony DUI case when defendant had five prior DUI’s.
- Federal jury verdict in favor of client’s sexual harassment claim against his employer, resulting in an award of compensatory and punitive damages and attorney’s fees.
OTHER NOTABLE RESULTS
Mr. Price’s other notable cases since initiating what is now Price & Sears, P.C., include:
- Exemplary results since the year 2000 in family law cases, including divorce actions, paternity actions, adoptions, guardianships and deprived child actions (where DHS is given custody). Emphasis on division of marital assets and debts and child-related issues.
- Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice settlement versus hospital
- Uniform Commercial Code settlement vs. U.S. Bank, forcing it to honor an unredeemed certificate of deposit issued more than 30 years before.
- Zero payments and dismissal of Equal Pay Act claim against corporation in Colorado in proceedings before the U.S. District Court for Colorado.
- More than one-year salary awarded to client who was an employee in Pryor, OK who was terminated in violation of the Oklahoma Standards For Drug Testing in Employment Act.
- Dismissal just prior to jury trial in a many criminal cases, including one in September of 2019 for a client charged with Stalking in Tulsa County.
- Settlement of neighborhood nuisance and toxic tort action versus polluting galvanizing company
- Settlement for motorcycle riders injured due to negligence of another
- Settlements for motorists struck by semi-trucks
- Settlements for motorists struck by commercial carriers,
- Settlements for victims of negligence resulting in need for surgery
- Settlements for premises invitees injured by property defects
- Settlements of dental malpractice claims
- Settlements of serious dog attack claims
- Settlement of fire-loss property claim versus an electricity company in Rogers Co., caused by negligent tree maintenance
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Records Expungement
- Employment and Labor Law
- Consumer Defense
- Civil Rights
- General Litigation
- Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2005
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma, J.D. - 1996
- University of Oklahoma, B.A. - 1993, Honors: With Distinction, Major: Journalism and Mass Communication (Radio, Television & Film)
- Claremore High School, Oklahoma - 1989
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Rogers County Bar, Member
- Mayes County Bar Association , Past Member
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Bar Association , Past member
- American Bar Association , Past Member
- Cherokee Nation District Court , Past Member
- Osage Nation District Court, Member
- Colorado Federal District Court, Member
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Law Office of Jeffrey A. Price, Founding Member
- Rogers County Office of District Attorney, Assistant D.A.
- Armstrong, Hensley & Lowe, Tulsa, OK, Associate Attorney
- Meir, Cole & O’Dell, Tulsa, OK, Associate Attorney
- Wilson, Cain & Acquivava, OKC, OK
- Hon. James Garrett, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals , Law Clerk
- Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office, Law Clerk
- Law Office of David G. Hart, Terrant County, TX, Law Clerk