Jeffrey Alan Price
Jeffrey Alan Price, a.k.a., "Jeff Price," was born in Norman, OK in August of 1971. He graduated from Claremore (OK) High School in 1989. He graduated With Distinction with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication (Radio, Television & Film) from the University of Oklahoma in 1993. In 1996, after holding summer law clerk positions with an appellate judge in Oklahoma City, with the Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office, and with a notable personal injury lawyer from Texas, he earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma.
Mr. Price worked as an Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Appeals Section in the Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office and held associate attorney positions in civil practice law firms in Oklahoma City and Tulsa until 1999, when he became an Assistant D.A. in Rogers County. In 2000, he started his own firm, which is now entitled, "Price & Sears, P.C."
In his career, Mr. Price has many major jury trial victories, many great bench trial results and many favorable settlements. Below are some jury verdict highlights:
- 2002: Rogers County Child sex case carrying minimum punishment of 20 years to life. 11 of 12 votes were “Not Guilty.” Resulted in dismissal of case.
- 2003: Wagoner County jury acquits client of First Degree Murder.
- 2005: Wagoner County: 7 votes of “Not Guilty”, 5 votes of “Guilty” Second Degree Murder case, resulting in favorable settlement.
- 2006: Wagoner County: Child sex case carrying up to 147 years in prison. Jury Acquits client.
- 2007: Rogers County: Jury convicts female client of lewd molestation after she admitted doing it but claimed she was acting in her sleep. Jury recommends minimum possible punishment of one year. Sentencing judge suspends the sentence, meaning she served no prison time.
- 2008: Wagoner County: Felony DUI with possible imprisonment of 10 years. Jury Acquits.
- 2008: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma: Loudermilk v. Stillwater Milling Company. Jury finds Defendant liable for sexual harassment by one of its managers against one of its laborers. Awarded compensatory and punitive damages and attorney’s fees to the plaintiff, represented by Jeff Price and Noah Sears.
- 2010: Rogers County: Client acquitted of First Degree Murder charge.
- 2013: Nowata County: Client acquitted of two counts of First Degree Manslaughter based on allegation the Defendant, whose vehicle collided with a tree, causing fatalities, was driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 2014: Rogers County: Client acquitted of child abuse based on erroneous and malicious contention by a child abuse pediatrician that child has symptoms caused by inflicted injury. Child has medical conditions which explained symptoms.
Although he finds the competition of trial practice highly exhilarating and rewarding, he almost equally enjoys engaging in problem-solving strategy, legal writing and serving any cause that may promote the greater good of Oklahomans.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Employment and Labor Law
- Consumer Defense
- Civil Rights
- General Litigation
- Oklahoma, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2005
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Oklahoma
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Journalism and Mass Communication (Radio, Television & Film)
- Claremore High School, Oklahoma - 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Rogers County Bar, Member
- Mayes County Bar Association , Past Member
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Bar Association , Past member
- American Bar Association , Past Member
- Cherokee Nation District Court , 2010 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Appellate judge in Oklahoma, Clerk
- Oklahoma County Public Defender’s Office, Clerk
- Notable personal injury lawyer from Texas, Clerk
- Criminal Appeals Section , Assistant Attorney
- Rogers County, Assistant D.A.
- Associate Attorney civil practice law firms in Oklahoma City and Tulsa